You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Friday, November 19, 2010

Final Doctor Appointment

Finally my last doctors appointment! I had already been in a few days ago becuase I could not feel him moving as much as normal which had me completely freaked out. She hooked my up to the monitors for an hour to watch him and told me he was doing fine but when I came in for my last appointment we would check again to make sure everyithing was ok. So for my last appointment I brought along the hubby, of course, Vanessa, since she will be in the room, and the mother-in-law becuase she wanted to hear Channing's heartbeat. We go back to see the doctor and she says everything looks normal I have now thinned out more and am still at a 1 but almost to a 2. She hooked me up to the monitors again so we could make sure everything was going ok with Channing and everyone else could watch his heartbeat. Dr. Vert told us she would ok us to be induced on Monday if that is what I wanted. She of course gave us the normal warnings such as if I started the pitocin and didn't go into labor in so many hours that she would have to do a C-section and if my water broke and I hadn't gone into labor she would have to do a C-section. Well after the warnings and her telling me that I could finally have my little man when I wanted to I all of a sudden became very nervous and was no longer sure if I wanted him to be induced or let him come on his own. She could tell I was a little worried so told me they closed in an hour so go have lunch and think about it and call her back.

Chase, Vanessa, and I all head to Yucatan Taco Stand for lunch and to talk over my decision. At lunch I was so nervous I could barely eat my oversized nachos! We all talked about and I tried to figure out what had me all nervous. I was mostly nervous because she scared me into thinking I might very possibly have to have a c-section. But Chase and Vanessa told me I shouldn't worry about that because even if I decided to let him come on my own then we could end up in the same situation. Very true statement and the one that made me realize I really wanted to see my little man and have him here before Thanksgiving! So after lunch we called the doctor back and told her I was ready to go ahead and be induced. The nurse called the hospital and set me up for Sunday at 10pm with induction to start Monday at 10 am.

Now all of a sudden I am very nervous again, lol!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment