You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sick Day

So today I had to take little man to the doctor! He has been having a runny nose and then started a small cough. I wasn't to worried because some of the other kids at daycare have the same stuff and no one is running a fever. I also thought the runny nose was due to him hopefully trying to get his top teeth in!

Well this morning the cough sounded worse and I thought it might be related to asthma and he would need a breathing treatment so I called the doctor to check. They decided it might be a good idea to bring him in and check him out. So we made a 9:30 appointment and I decided we would see if I would go to work or not based on what the doctor said!

At the appointment they took his weight which was 16 lbs and 14 oz! Good lord he is really starting to pack on the weight, although you would never notice since he is getting so long too! While we waited for the doctor to come in Channing started to get crabby and sleepy and very clingy which is not normal for him! Then in came the doctor to let us know that the runny nose was not related to teething and that he did not need a breathing treatment but that he has a right ear infection that looks like was just starting. She gave us a prescription for an antibiotic and suggested we keep Channing home for the day to let the meds sit in his system for about 24 hours.

I called work to let them know I would come up to get some work to bring home! Once Channing and I got home he wanted to play on the floor! So I was letting him play on the floor while I was working on work stuff on the couch! I looked over a few minutes later to notice him playing with one ring(which seems to be his thing lately). He then threw the ring from the rug and onto the tile in the middle of the living room floor. I watched him as he kept looking at it and wondering if he should go for it! The next thing I knew he was out on the tile after the ring! He is slowly but surely starting to make progress with this whole crawling thing! He hasn't taken off or anything where we are chasing him but he is getting the hang of now moving his arms instead of the rocking back and forth part!

When Chase got home I told him all about it and how I think it is time to baby proof the cabinets and get some gates to keep him out of some areas!

Even though little man was sick today and I had to work from home we had a great day! He was very cuddly once I got done with work and slept pretty much the afternoon away when I was working!

No comments:

Post a Comment