You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Car

Don't get me wrong I LOVED my BMW. It was the perfect mommy/family car to have. I mean it had tinted windows and leather seats and it had DVD players in the head rests. I mean it was the perfect car for Channing with traveling because once his car seat could be turned around he would be able to watch all kinds of movies in the car. Also there was tons of space for groceries or his stroller and it was so comfortable when we went on trips so it would have been great for vacations. But with all amazing cars that are of that luxury comes the crazy expenses to fix problems it may have. Since we got the car it seemed to only need to be fixed when it was time to be inspected which meant that of course we had to fix it in order to turn off the check engine light. So this year was no different. We thought it wouldn't be all that bad to fix compared to what has been happening lately. Goodness were we wrong! Needless to say it would cost us both my arms and legs and Chases and Channigs as well and it just wasn't worth it.

So this started the "mommy needs a new car" expedition. I love SUV's especially with children they are so much easier to have when you have kids but with this economy and gas prices it was important to start thinking in the what we need and not want state. So I decided I needed something with great gas mileage and it had to be roomy and have a good size trunk. I decided on a Honda. So we went to the local Honda dealer to find this amazing Honda that is certified and has leather, navigation, lots of room, a big trunk and was in great condition with low miles. It was a no brainer. So a couple of days later of more stress about buying a car than a normal person should have to go thru I finally ended up with my new amazing car. I absolutely love it! I mean it is no SUV but hey I will keep this awhile and then I will get back to the SUV especially since we want more kids and this car just won't be able to handle more kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment