You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

16 Week Appointment

Normally we go to the doctor on Fridays but she was so booked we had to make a Wednesday appointment, which actually meant we didn't sit in the lobby as long or wait in the room for very long. It is crazy to think that I am already 16 weeks pregnant, it has just flown by so fast. I mean only 5 more appointments before we start going every week. Just like the other appointments when we walk in the room I have to check my weight, which thankfully I gained 2 pounds or I was going to be in a lot of trouble. Then the nurse let us listen to the heartbeat again. Normally it takes her a few minutes to find it but not today, today she found it right away. I guess the little baby is getting bigger and we now do not have to hunt for it in there. It sounded strong and healthy at 150, which everyone keeps saying is a girl. I am not trying to get my hopes up that they are right but I do have my fingers crossed! Next up when the doctor came in it was time for a little Q & A! Normally I have a ton of questions but this time the only question I had was when can we find out the sex!?! My birthday is on the 30th of this month and I was hoping to find out on that day, it would make for a great birthday present. She told me that it has to be a day that her and Joe the guy who does the sonogram are both available so she went to look at their schedules. When she walked back in she said " I already know what you are going to say but would you like the 28th of June or July 8th?" well duh I am taking the 28th of June. That is only two days before my birthday so it will make for a great early birthday present. I am so excited for that appointment I can hardly wait, it will be like Christmas morning in June! Just when I thought we the appointment was over she asked if we had any other questions. I said no I don't think so and then she asked Chase. Well Chase decided he was going to make sure he told on my for my sunburn that I had gotten on Saturday. I could not believe it he was trying to get me in trouble! LOL! But to my surprise she was okay, she just told me that I need to make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen and drink plenty of water. She said that during pregnancy you skin changes so normally you may be ok with burning and tanning and having no problems but now it will more than likely make you feel a little sick and take longer to turn into a tan. All in all a great appointment. Now only 19 day to go until we find out.....girl or boy?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment