You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby's Fist Movements and Father's Day.....

Well at the 16 week appointment the doctor told me I would be able to start feeling the baby move but she said since this is my first pregnancy that it could take up to 18 to 20 weeks to feel it. Well on Saturday I had a busy day planned. I got up early and Vanessa, Kayden and I all drove out to the Coach outlet and other outlets to do a little shopping. We had a great time but by the time we got home I was exhausted! I decided I needed a little nap before my nail appointment at 3. When I woke up from my nap I was laying on the couch kinda on my back and I needed to go to the restroom(go figure). Right before I decided to get up I felt this weird feeling kinda like a nudging but kinda not. It is really hard to explain. I thought I was going crazy at first but it kept doing it and I could kinda see it on my lower stomach. I was freaking out I was so excited! It was so incredible, words could not describe it! The doctor was right I was right about 18 weeks when I felt it. The rest of the weekend if I sat still long enough and had to go to the bathroom I could feel it move!

On another note Sunday was Father's day so of course we celebrated with our fathers but I also celebrated with Chase. Even though the little one isn't here yet doesn't mean Chase is not a father yet. We went to lunch after church with Chase's dad and grandpa and had a great time. We ran into a few family friends and Jimmy was so excited to tell other people about the baby! It was great to see his expression and the smile on his face! Later that afternoon we drove out to see my dad and visit for a while. Of course, being my dad he had to give me a hard time about my pregnant belly by calling me fat. Well I get so upset when someone calls me fat I tell them it is not fat it is called pregnancy. He got a kick out of that. Overall it was a great day. I got Chase some new clothes for Fathers day and we went to Jamba Juice for dinner, Chase has been wanting that for weeks!

I know I need to seriously being posting the baby bump pics but I am really lazy by the time I get home! I have been taking them though so I will try to get right on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment