You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Momma got a little freaked out

So last time I posted I let everyone know that the morning sickness had started at about 6 weeks and was full force. Well at the last doctors appt which was at 8 weeks and 3 days the doctor gave me a perscription for nausea to take when needed. Well I never got the perscription filled and the following Monday my morning sickness was completely gone. At first I did not think anything of it but then it felt like all the other signs of pregnancy except the fatigue part had disappeared as well. Well it of course freaked me out. I did the one thing I should have never done which was get on the internet and start looking up miscarriages and if you lose your signs of pregnancy. Of course everything starts in with you lose your signs of pregnancy and you will have cramping and bleeding. It also said that the cramping and bleeding could take weeks to happen after a miscarrigae or not happen at all. So I start freaking instantly. I decided to call to talk to a nurse and they were closed becuase it was Friday afternoon. So all weekend I let it consume my mind and take over assuming the worse and just worrying and only thinking about it. Finally yesterday I could not take it anymore and I called the nurse. She confirmed that all the things I read on the internet were true and it could take weeks or never happen for the cramping and bleeding. She told me that I could come in and we could try to hear for a heartbeat. I could not go in yesterday so I went first thing this morning. Of course I spent all last night freaking my self out worse trying to be ready for the worse possible outcome just to be ready.

Well I went this morning and everything is fine! I got to hear the hearbeat and it was amazing. I wish Chase could have been there for that but this is the only appointment he will ever miss because it wasn't an original appointment. At first she couldn't find it but then finally we found it and she let me listen to it for awhile. It was strong and sounded great. She told me once a sonogram is done and a heartbeat is found and shown then the chances of miscarriage go way down. That since it doesn't sound like there is genetic issues in the family then I should be fine to make it through the first trimester. She said I still needed to make it to the 12 week appointmet to be in the clear for everything but she seems to think everything will be fine which made me feel alot better. So now just two weeks and 2 days until the 12 week appointment and I will feel alot better!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment