You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Friday, May 14, 2010

12 Week Dr. Appt...

Today was the 12 week appointment, time to find out if all is well with the little baby. I was really excited for this appointment, just to make sure everything is ok and then we can tell everyone else the big news. Once in the room we got to hear the babys heartbeat. It was my second time to hear it but Chase's first and he was so excited and the smile on his face was priceless. The babys heartbeat was strong and healthy at 160. Next was the blood pressure and weight check. Weight check got me in a little trouble cause I lost 1 pound in 4 weeks and the doctor wants me gaining 25 for the pregnancy. Once the doctor was in she said everything looks good and the babys heartbeat sounds great and strong. I asked when we could find out the sex of the baby and she said I would come back in 4 weeks for my next appt and then 2 to 3 weeks later come for the sex. I will be trying to set that appt up for my birthday for sure!!! The only other things I have to take care of before my next appt is to register with the hospital(Baylore Womens Hospital) and go and see my cardiologist for my heart condition. She wants me to see the cardiologist just so they will have a heads up of me being pregnant and that way will know what is going on if something happens later in the pregnancy with my heart acting up again. All in all a great doctors appt and I go back in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment